I have been receiving several emails from teachers and educators who are faithful readers of my articles in Educational Technology and Mobile Learning.They all ask me to provide them with video tools that would enable them to edit and customize video clips to be included in their lessons. There are many out there but it would take some time to go around looking especially with the growing spam content many websites offer to its surfers.
I have already covered some video tools in my previous articles and all these tools can be found under the label Free Video Tools. If you look to the right side you see a widget called Categories, scroll down and you will find this label. Anyway today I decided to assemble the maximum possible of these tools in one article. So I will not be covering the tools I already talked about in the past articles but will particularly include new video tools. Using these tools you would be able to edit your videos the way you want. You can for example cut off certain scenes, add background music, integrate animations and many more. Well not all the these tools offer the same features but the basic functionalities like uploading , editing, and sharing are present in all of them. All the tools covered here are free.
Here is the list:
- Edit videos without the need for any advanced editing skills
- Tag people in videos
- Share videos in different social networking websites
- It is free and easy to use
- Edit videos online
- Share edited videos with friends in social networks
- It offers 1 GB storage space
- It lets you add videos from your computer or from anywhere online
- It allows you to download edited videos in 3GP, AVI, MOV, MP4, and FLV
- It is free and easy to use
- It has a very user friendly interface
- It requires a registration
- It lets you connect to a community of online video editors
- You can search and find clips created by the community members and use it in your own projects.
- Real time video editing either alone or with friends
- You can tag clips for archiving
- The ability to create easy to use platforms for video projects
- Users can create their own personalized video pages and invite others to add or edit it
- Users can embed their collaborative projects anywhere online.
- Upload videos and edit them the way they want
- You can mix videos, add or change audio tracks
- You can also add watermarks, paints and text notes etc
- You can convert, cut , crop, demux, and merge several video files into
- It is free and easy to use.
- Upload videos from the web or from their computers
- It offers several editing options such as adding text, titles, music to the background
- It also lets you cut and crop videos and add transitions effects
- It allows you to embed and share videos on video sharing sites and social networks
- Add subtitles and comments in any language to videos
- Easily create and synchronize subtitles to any video
- Store the edited videos on Overstream server and send the link to your friends to see it
- It supports most of the video providers
Lightworks project offers a lightweight, free and open source video editing software that offers the same features other pro softwares offer such as CutPro. Adobe Premiere, Avid Video Premiere.
As I said before There are many other important video tools that I have covered previously in this blog. I invite you to check the category labelled Free Video Tools to learn more about other tools.